The Emotionless Me


That day my mother shed a tear, I cast a simple glance
With emotionless eyes.

The win that everyone coveted came running to me, I,
I barely rejoiced.

My tree died a patient death and all
I did was letting it fall.

My goals are slowly merging with the horizon,
Happiness is just air, swaying away with time.

'Please' and 'Thank You' have escaped my vocabulary,
Language wailed, silence prevailed. 

Passion and compassion have taken the back seat.
Fire and desire damped down to feet.

The warmth of the mornings doesn't tingle any more,
Nights of the passions don't exist any longer.

That day when my mother shed a tear and I cast a simple glance
With emotionless eyes, I realized 

Indifference is a curse. To not feel is not a gift.
Thus, life succumbed to the wild fires of adulthood.

0 comments:

Post a Comment