Maths – My Love

Mathematics, lovingly and shortly called Maths. It is an all-time expanding as well as shrinking ocean of miracles. Expands our knowledge and shrinks our obscurity to the concepts. It is constant and variable at the same time. A constant nightmare and a randomly varying subject of interest, but only to few. For many, maths appears to be an abyss from which digits fizz out, aiming straight ‘only’ at them. And to many more, numbers seem like colonies of ants, hindering their peace of mind. But to me, they appear like freshly made Act II popcorn. 

Some love, some loathe, some ignore, some fear, some teach, some learn, some unlearn. But I, I only savor it, in spite of it being called a masculine ability. While few dread even at the thought of maths, I see it everywhere around me. These days, digits compete very closely with mobile phones and personal computers, for topping the list of things that are used by humans always or very often.  But digits are the winners because the latter two themselves depend on digits. 

The logic of 1+1=3 was universally accepted by even by the ardent math-lovers. Logically wrong but emotionally right. This process of  creating something new takes a span of 9 months. There after the newly-born tiny heart, beats around 130-160 times per minute and the number of beats gradually reduces as the age increases and at some particular point of time it nullifies.  Life begins and ends with math.

My daily routine after I wake up is to walk to my balcony and count the number of  little flowers that blossomed last night. And the last thing I do before I sleep is to count the number of buds that are ready to bloom the next day, but not the flowers that have fallen down. My day begins and ends with Math.

We divide our grief, multiply our happiness, add color to other’s life, subtract the darkness inside us to derive the sunlight, which travels with a speed of 186,000 miles a second. Every life around the world all time needs numbers and the magic they make.

I end this post by adding a song from the movie, “School of Rock”. This song is the conversation between the students and teacher, wherein the teacher adopts the musical way of teaching.

Math is a wonderful thing,
Math is a really cool thing,
So get off your ath, lets do some math,
Math, Math, Math, Math, Math!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment