Breaking up with the writer's block!


Dear Writer's Block,

I think we need to talk. Its not you, its me. I have to move on, I am stuck just as you are, Block. I decided to talk to you face to face about this, but as a writer I can express better in writing and also it helps me shoo you away. There have been days in my life when you not even existed, those short happy productive days. But with you, the days are long enough to make me sleepy, the nights only caused a migraine, the thoughts were shallow and the confidence nil. With you, it is like an end to my uninitiated writing career.   

I may not write all day every day, but I do write. Earlier, I was confident that I could write about anything, crisp or elaborate, fiction or non-fiction, well or worse, sane or Bollywood movie scripts, promote or criticize. But now, the best I could do is write a long Facebook status. I hardly remember the last post on my blog. Yes, I do have a blog, which you are not aware of or may be you are. You are that clingy sticky stain exactly the opposite of the Surf-Excel stain. 

I would be never feel lonely even when I am single, because my thoughts are always with me, because they understand me and I understand them. You were censoring my thoughts leaving nothing sensible to scribble on a paper. Yet with all the patience and peace, I would reach for a pen and paper only to scratch it across. Few days later, I stopped even attempts to write. 
And I can go on and on about the issues I have faced when you were around. The longer this post the better will be my break-up with you. So, here it is Good Bye, Mr.Block! 

For the Love of Writing, don't come back into my life again!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment