Unblocking the block - The Writing Prompt Boot Camp


Every writer faces several kinds of problems during his/her career. Sometimes the creativity goes missing, other times there is not a single topic to write about. I, being at the very initial stage of my writing career and without even reaching the shallowest depth of its nitigrities, am already facing hindrances. The technical term for this is "Writers Block". 


My goal like everyone else's goal, just doesn't crave for and stop at the destination. It is not just succeeding as a writer or writing a novel. It is about the journey; the journey which teaches me, strengthens me, enhances my skills, shows me the beauty of learning and ultimately makes my goal worth reaching. I would like to explore the various genres of writing and switch from one another as comfortably as possible. My muse in writings remains to lie in the descriptions whether surroundings, situations or characters. I give descriptions more significance than the story. A story runs slow and a description runs long. Descriptions intensify the story. They all by themselves create a subconscious space in your minds to support the story. 


Aiming at all these dreams, I have joined certain 'Writing Communities'. As a part of the Boot Camp, I am supposed to write random articles on the topics or 'prompts' assigned to me. These communities whisper to my e-mail the prompts, just like how a friend whispered me an answer while I stammered in front of the whole class and just like how my father prompted me the reasons made up on the spur of the moment when I am caught red-handed.

These prompts intend to awake the fictional ideas lazing in the background of my head. All the articles written with the help of these 'writing prompts' are assigned under the label "Writing Prompt". 

P.S: I am trying to keep the fiction as natural as possible, avoiding the melodrama. Sometimes you may find the story not happening in India or rather not written from an Indian perspective, kindly concentrate only the content because it helps improve mine as well as yours. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment