The Road To My Destination

People change and so their views and tastes. But ambitions and goals always remain the same. At least that is what I thought, until I grew up. But for all those who think 'Change is the essence of life', this is a simple example. And I humbly leave it to you to decide if my story goes with the famous adage or against it.

When I was 2 years old, I used to bicker, argue, fight with my own people. I used to talk and tell endless stories like no one of my age did. Seeing this, everyone said I would make a perfect lawyer. And so, I grew up behaving like I'm-a-gonna-be-lawyer.

When I was 5, I played the most favorite 'Teacher Game' with my fellow mates. I would always become the teacher and make my friends act as students. With a stick held in my hand and a chunni draped around my tiny torso, I would look like a kid possessed by 50 year old. In this get-up I would call myself Miss Monica. People said I was born to become a teacher. I felt flattered. As time passed, my students disappeared. And my addiction to teaching took time to end and mean while, the walls promised to become by students.

                                                           DREAMS UNLIMITED....:) 

At 10, one fine day I was walking with my mom on the road. I saw a pamphlet of an institute which teaches computer courses like Java and others. I pointed and showed it to my mom with an expression of achievement. With the innocent unawareness of the Engineering boom I said,  "I m gonna do Java". My mom laughed loudly and said that Java means malt and teased me "Are you gonna make java?". I corrected her saying, "I m going to study Java". My mom smiled at my confidence.

Years passed. Like Katrina Kaif always said that was just a trailer, the movie has started just now. Gone were those days when I wanted to become what people visualized me as. Now is the time I decided that I m going to become a doctor. And also to my support is the astrologer on the Necklace Road. But as I reached my higher school I started hating Science and Biology, being more specific the teachers of those subjects.

I am a maths freak. Yes, till date I am. So I took up MPC as my Intermediate course. Without much struggle cleared it and joined in an Engineering college, not just an ordinary college but the best one in the city (forgot to mention a college just for women). My life completely changed after that. I knew as I stepped into the college this is where I belong to. This was never in my wish list. It need not be. What matters is whether I am happy or not. As I checked the syllabus, in one of the semester, I found Java as my core subject. My happiness knew no bounds at that moment. That was one of my childhood dreams and I declare, the only one that is fulfilled. I slowly started liking my course. And thus my goal was set. This time a firm one. I decided I am gonna work for a company where I can implement the subject I studied here. This is gonna be my destination, I told myself. I dreamt of it, dreamt of it all the four years. And yes, I achieved this dream. Its only later that I came to know it was more of my parents dream than mine.

Dreams may or may not change. But our desire to fulfill them must always remain the same.

0 comments:

Post a Comment